Green Blog

Eco Holidays and Accomodations

Eco Hotels

Hello Everyone,

First of all my congratulations to you all for some very interesting and informative forum entries, I often read the incredibly useful and positive back-and-forth between members and, although I have never contributed till today, I am always impressed by the wealth of knowledge contained in these pages.

Compliments aside I am actually posting to show you our latest project in the hope that some of you will be interested. For a little while now we have been working hard on trying to categorise hotels and lodges into a clearly defined ecologically-driven rating system. The result of our work can be seen at www.EcoHotelsOfTheWorld.com I do hope you will take the time to have a browse and perhaps sign up for a newsletter or even let us know of places you feel we should add.

A lot of volunteer work-hours have gone into this, especially as we have always aimed to be independent and therefore accept no revenue from the hotels we list, unlike other website we also don't have a clever booking system and instead publish the direct contact details of all hotels listed. Of course the typical question we get is: "how do you make any money" and the answer is inevitably: "we don't".

To be fair we have done this as a way of showcasing our belief that, given our worldwide drive to combat climate change, we should be more aware of the ecological credentials of the holiday accommodations we choose so that we don't necessarily have to stop traveling (in itself of great social importance) but merely be greener in our choices.

Anyway I hope this didn't come across as a lot of babble and we are always genuinely interested in adding more properties that you might have heard of or that you might even have tried out yourself, so do keep in touch. For those of you that visit thank you so much for your time, for the rest thank you for reading this post and keep up the good work

Yours,

Alex :-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our site, show personalized content, analyze site traffic, and understand where our audience is coming from. To find out more, please read our Privacy Policy. By choosing I Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other tracking technologies.