Green Blog

EU introduces a new logo for organic food

Green Blog

The European Union has introduced a new logo for organic food. The new logo will be obligatory in 2009 for all organic products sold within the European Union member states. But you can already see the new labelling on organic products.

It’s up to individual EU countries to decide if the new logo will be accompanied by national organic logos, such as the Swedish organic labelling KRAV.

Mariann Fischer Boel, EU Agriculture Commissioner, said that “this is an excellent agreement which will help consumers to recognize organic products throughout the EU more easily and give them assurances of precisely what they are buying.”

View the full article

eu-organic-logo.jpg

The European Union has introduced a new logo for organic food. The new logo will be obligatory in 2009 for all organic products sold within the European Union member states. But you can already see the new labelling on organic products.

It’s up to individual EU countries to decide if the new logo will be accompanied by national organic logos, such as the Swedish organic labelling KRAV.

You mean this one? I think they should use both for max effect.....

logo_krav.gif

Yes, thats the one! Many organic products in Sweden uses both, and a even a few others. :)

But I still miss a co2 label on organic as well as ordinary products. I think it would be great to see how much co2 each different product produce to get to the store.

• 4 weeks later...

Rumours says it that the new organic logo will be cancelled and a new one will replace it! :o

What would be even better, would be a common logo used world wide since many of these foods cross international borders.

• 3 weeks later...

I sure hope this ugly logo will be abandoned ! I mean anyone knows what the heck is that blue color doing there ? Sky maybe ? I prefer red and green ( tomato and spinach ) :thumbup:

What would be even better, would be a common logo used world wide since many of these foods cross international borders.

Well, yes. But the EU consists of a bunch of different countries making this logo a bit global. :cute:

I sure hope this ugly logo will be abandoned ! I mean anyone knows what the heck is that blue color doing there ? Sky maybe ? I prefer red and green ( tomato and spinach ) :thumbup:

Hehe, well, I think it will do it's job no matter it's colours. But, who knows, maybe the new logo will be red and green? ;)

Simon those beaurocrats have no taste and they think they will promote green through some sticker. They think we are fools ? Not so long ago there was some bio mumbo jumbo food can with nice green stickers there. They found some paint mixed inside. Of course poor factory worker was to blame.... They make me sick. I don't buy anything that those beaurocrats put hands on !

Sorry if I am a little harsh but they don't have respect for us and treat us... so why should we have respect for them ?

Simon those beaurocrats have no taste and they think they will promote green through some sticker. They think we are fools ? Not so long ago there was some bio mumbo jumbo food can with nice green stickers there. They found some paint mixed inside. Of course poor factory worker was to blame.... They make me sick. I don't buy anything that those beaurocrats put hands on !

Sorry if I am a little harsh but they don't have respect for us and treat us... so why should we have respect for them ?

Well, thats true. How can you really trust a little logo?

But then again, the food regulations and all "those beaurocrats" has come a long way since a couple of years ago. At least it is has here in Scandinavia/Europe..

Hows it in US of A?

Well, thats true. How can you really trust a little logo?

But then again, the food regulations and all "those beaurocrats" has come a long way since a couple of years ago. At least it is has here in Scandinavia/Europe..

Hows it in US of A?

Are my english/american writing skills so good that you thought I am from US of A :D

I agree they are slowly coming to reason but still a looong way to go ! They are tooo sloooow. I guess that is because of all that food they eat in Strasbourg and Brussels. ( even some kinky-winky going on in the offices so they don't have too much time for important business heh )

Anyway. I like how people themselves are slowly starting to realize we destroyed nature ( not just pollution ) but we killed many flowers and fields that were blooming just 15 years ago so I would say no real progress is done. I am slowly renewing all those small passages between our fields with wild flowers that I pick up. Well no one is supporting this action so far. We will see if their fat bums will do something about keeping diversity of our nature.

Btw ... I am from Slovenia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovenia and it is late in the night so what are you still doing up up there in Sweden ;)

Are my english/american writing skills so good that you thought I am from US of A :D

I agree they are slowly coming to reason but still a looong way to go ! They are tooo sloooow. I guess that is because of all that food they eat in Strasbourg and Brussels. ( even some kinky-winky going on in the offices so they don't have too much time for important business heh )

Anyway. I like how people themselves are slowly starting to realize we destroyed nature ( not just pollution ) but we killed many flowers and fields that were blooming just 15 years ago so I would say no real progress is done. I am slowly renewing all those small passages between our fields with wild flowers that I pick up. Well no one is supporting this action so far. We will see if their fat bums will do something about keeping diversity of our nature.

Btw ... I am from Slovenia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovenia and it is late in the night so what are you still doing up up there in Sweden ;)

Well, you know, profit before anything else...

Ohh, you are from Slovenia. Nice! Always fun to see a bigger diversity of the people visiting green blog.