Green Blog

Video: Biking in NYC

Simon

Wow!I would be just too scared to cycle among so many cars,and those guys do it so easily!I wish we could cycle like that here too,but the roads suck!If anyone tried it they would surely be dead...So lucky those countries who have nice roads...

Wow!I would be just too scared to cycle among so many cars,and those guys do it so easily!I wish we could cycle like that here too,but the roads suck!If anyone tried it they would surely be dead...So lucky those countries who have nice roads...

Yeah here roads are also bad, many of them are full of holes

Yeah,here the holes are really dangerous too.And the roads are going up and down all the time.and when you want to turn it's so risky.On the whole,you must be crazy to attempt cycling much... icon_razz.gif

btw,I love your new avatar onlygreennogray really cute cute.gif

Yeah,here the holes are really dangerous too.And the roads are going up and down all the time.and when you want to turn it's so risky.On the whole,you must be crazy to attempt cycling much... icon_razz.gif

btw,I love your new avatar onlygreennogray really cute cute.gif

I just had a tire broken to pieces from a huge hole snare.gif

I was running a lttle bit too icon_biggrin.gif

but roads in greece are awful... The only nice made roads in greece are only these you pay for icon_wink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Daim is right,but I think it's not entirely the governments fault...land isn't flat like in New York or Great Britain,or Sweden...Here we have so many hills and mountains,valleys are so rare,it is natural to have problems in constructing roads.

In any case,I would be really happy if we could cycle like that here...It's the most eco-friendly way to commute cute.gif

• 3 months later...

New York is one of few truly urban cities in US (New York, San Francisco and ... maybe Chicago). The rest of cities are horrendously designed. L.A., for example. A city that epitomizes the horrible evil destructive disastrous automobile culture. You need to drive in L.A. There is no other way to get around. It's like a big boring ugly suburb stretching out miles, miles and miles. Argh ... :yuck:

• 5 years later...

Bikes, especially fixed-wheel, give a certain level of control that is unmatchable once at a certain skill level.

Manuverability and speed are greatly enhanced by the very nature of the fixed-gear's direct power drive.

Scary at first, but everybody should give one a try!