Green Blog

yard upkeep

gheine

recently my husband and i purchased a man-powered lawn mower from Sunlawn...and all we have to say is that it is amazing! not only does it keep our lawn looking great, but it is safe for my family and the environment. so if anyone out there is looking for a great way to keep their lawn neat & trimmed, look into this mower...as an added bonus, it is super quiet, so we dont wake up our neighbors when we do yard work early on weekend mornings!!

Sounds pretty cool!(I think the thread belongs to living green though icon_wink.gif )

I myself don't have a lawn,but I'd like to recommend it to others.Any more details about it?Although I think we can find similar ones on the market,we only have to look for them.

• 8 months later...

goat.jpg

One of these sweet babies takes care of my lawn. As a bonus....when all of his lawnmowing power is used up, my fridge will be full and he's inexpensive to replace!

One of these sweet babies takes care of my lawn. As a bonus....when all of his lawnmowing power is used up, my fridge will be full and he's inexpensive to replace!

You are a real macho forum troll, arent you?

• 2 weeks later...

A few years ago we dug up the lawn and planted rhubarb. Now we have more rhubarb than we can use, our friends have stacks of rhubarb. We have enough rhubarb saved so that we can have rhubarb twice a week right through the winter. We are working our way through the recipies on, they are great:

http://www.rhubarbinfo.com/

rhubarb v lawn = no competition

A few years ago we dug up the lawn and planted rhubarb. Now we have more rhubarb than we can use, our friends have stacks of rhubarb. We have enough rhubarb saved so that we can have rhubarb twice a week right through the winter. We are working our way through the recipies on, they are great:

http://www.rhubarbinfo.com/

rhubarb v lawn = no competition

You have all your backyard full of rhubarb? :o

You have all your backyard full of rhubarb? :o

Just had fresh broad beans from the back yard. They are growing their along with runner beans, squashes, salad plants, peas, tomatos, etc.

The rhubarb is in the front garden - about ten large plants, they are just going mad out there. There are also sweetcorns and herbs in the front too. Oh and enough garlic to last the year.

Oh also forgot the front garden has our tansy plants too. Tansy is wonderful, although drugs.com does not reccommend it:

http://www.drugs.com/npp/tansy.html

We use the tansy to make tansy pudding, which is one of the nicest things imaginable to eat, however, we keep the level of tansy lower than traditional, best to be on the safe side.

Just had fresh broad beans from the back yard. They are growing their along with runner beans, squashes, salad plants, peas, tomatos, etc.

The rhubarb is in the front garden - about ten large plants, they are just going mad out there. There are also sweetcorns and herbs in the front too. Oh and enough garlic to last the year.

looks like you won't need to buy vegetables for a long time...

looks like you won't need to buy vegetables for a long time...

Unfortunately, we do not have the space to grow all our vegitables, but the more that people grow in their gardens the healthier they will be and less food miles produced.

Unfortunately, we do not have the space to grow all our vegitables, but the more that people grow in their gardens the healthier they will be and less food miles produced.

So true. But then again, I think we will see less big houses and gardens in the future when the population increases and land gets more and more expensive. :/