Green Blog

Data From Solar Panels

plulai

Hello.

New to the forum, early apologies if this post doesn't flow well within this blog.

I am a physics teacher in MN. We are getting a set of solar panels to be mounted on our roof. I am lucky enough to be getting all of the data from the solar panels to be displayed within my classroom.

I am looking for ideas on what to do with this data.

If anyone has some experience with this, I'd appreciate your comments. While I am pretty revved up about getting the panels & the data, I have only a few *good* ideas regarding how the data can be used educationally.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul Lulai

St Anthony Village S.H.

St Anthony Village, MN 55418

Have a good one.

Hello.

New to the forum, early apologies if this post doesn't flow well within this blog.

I am a physics teacher in MN. We are getting a set of solar panels to be mounted on our roof. I am lucky enough to be getting all of the data from the solar panels to be displayed within my classroom.

I am looking for ideas on what to do with this data.

If anyone has some experience with this, I'd appreciate your comments. While I am pretty revved up about getting the panels & the data, I have only a few *good* ideas regarding how the data can be used educationally.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul Lulai

St Anthony Village S.H.

St Anthony Village, MN 55418

Have a good one.

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum.

About your solar panel's data you and your students could create a web site and expose there that data among other informations about how the panels work and other educational information

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum. I am a student at NAU and am glad to see a professor in the forum.

Anyways what are you trying to do with the soloar panels, save energy? I think it would be cool if your students did something with the economics of solar energy. You can actually sell power back to the grid I heard, I think that is amazing. Is this an undergrad class or some applied reasearch?

Welcome to the forum,nice to have a physics among us,surely you know more about energy and staff cute.gif

I think it's a cool initiative to have solar panels at schools,hope many others follow this example...