Green Blog

Where do you stand in politics?

Simon

I am...  

1. 1.

• Green (environment political parties)
    • Left
    • Middle
    • Liberal (like the democrats in the USA)
    • Right (like the republicans in the USA)
    • Far Right
    • Anarchism

I think we need a poll that shows where people are standing in their politicial views here on Green Blog.

Where do you stand in politics? Left, right, middle, green or something else? VOTE!

Edit: You can now choose up to two different options if needed.

I think we need a poll that shows where people are standing in their politicial views here on Green Blog.

Where do you stand in politics? Left, right, middle, green or something else? VOTE!

Edit: You can now choose up to two different options if needed.

I'm 100% green

• 5 months later...

I personally like the idea of Libertarianism. But ... I don't think that this is a very pragmatic political philosophy, especially when we try to apply the idea to the national politics and international politics. There need to be rules and regulations, and they need to be set and enforced by the government.

I'm 100% green <!-- s:thumbup: --><!-- s:thumbup: -->

Yeah, you are only green, and no gray ;)

I personally like the idea of Libertarianism. But ... I don't think that this is a very pragmatic political philosophy, especially when we try to apply the idea to the national politics and international politics. There need to be rules and regulations, and they need to be set and enforced by the government.

Ahh yeah.. Libertarianism. Thats like anarchism, but for right-wingers ;)

Here in the US, the middle is not too bad of a place, but to be correct, you would also have to add "Ultra Left" to that list.

Oh, yeah, now we have the "change" sub party inside the Democratic party, they are going to Change everything on a world wide basis, can't say what they are going to change and what the changes will be but they stand for Change.

:thoughtful:

Ahh yeah.. Libertarianism. Thats like anarchism, but for right-wingers ;)

It's unfortunate that Libertarianism is often seen equal to Corporatism. As I already mentioned, I personally do not believe that Libertarianism is the idealism that we should adapt, but, like many ideologies, there is definitely something that we can learn from it.

Here in the US, the middle is not too bad of a place, but to be correct, you would also have to add "Ultra Left" to that list.

Oh, yeah, now we have the "change" sub party inside the Democratic party, they are going to Change everything on a world wide basis, can't say what they are going to change and what the changes will be but they stand for Change.

:thoughtful:

This says something about the sad state of the country. Many understand that 'Change' is so absolutely necessary. So, instead of trying to understand issues or selecting candidates based on what they actually stand for, they'd just pick someone who can yell and scream 'Change!!!' louder than anyone else.

• 3 weeks later...

Member of UK Green Party since 1983.

Have stood in several elections and polled more votes than all the major parties (and a few minor ones), but never all in the same election :blink: Have found that even when not elected, the potential of losing votes to the Greens focuses politicians minds, and things improve. When elected Greens can achieve a lot:

http://www.greenparty.org.uk/news/3356

Hence, voting Green is a Win Win thing :thumbup:

You should do it. A big step towards environmental protection is choosing the right gov

No thanks. I don't have an opinion, so I don't feel anything for the system.

Why not?

I would have understood if you lived in the US of A.. ;)

If you live in the US it is even more important to vote since you have such divergent people running in the elections. Most of the fun is in voting for the lesser of the evils. :whistle:

No thanks. I don't have an opinion, so I don't feel anything for the system.

Well, thats impossible! You must have an opinion, everyone does.

If you live in the US it is even more important to vote since you have such divergent people running in the elections. Most of the fun is in voting for the lesser of the evils. :whistle:

Hahaha :lol:

Well, thats impossible! You must have an opinion, everyone does.

Hahaha :lol:

Would it be so hard, to believe that i don't?

I don't keep up to date with any news or current events, so from that angle my view of politics is non existent.

I don't keep up to date with any news or current events, so from that angle my view of politics is non existent.

Not hard to believe and not even a bad thing. In todays rabid politics, many are turned off by the "hate politics" that seems to insist that if you don't agree with someones position you must be an enemy.

In the US, the Democratic party is almost in self destruct mode with Hillary determined to fight to the bitter end. Of course many say she has no choice since if she losses this bid the party will not back her the next time around. Catch 22! :thoughtful:

Sure, you can say you dont care.

But when the time comes and the "bad" people have taken over the politics you will realise it's too late. What if your current system got changed in some way (it could be that a racist political party got a big majority of the votes because ordinary people no longer cared)?

Not hard to believe and not even a bad thing. In todays rabid politics, many are turned off by the "hate politics" that seems to insist that if you don't agree with someones position you must be an enemy.

In the US, the Democratic party is almost in self destruct mode with Hillary determined to fight to the bitter end. Of course many say she has no choice since if she losses this bid the party will not back her the next time around. Catch 22! :thoughtful:

It's a bit interesting to see the democratic process. I believe it's positive that you have two strong candidates instead of just one as the republicans only have (and they dont even seem to like him that much!). I dont see a problem with that none of the current two running candidates wont give up yet. Both have a very strong support among the voters and the actual democratic voting process is meant to go on a few more months (to August I believe?). It's better that one candidate wins in "a right way" in the end. That way I believe he, or she, will become stronger and know they have the support from their voters.

What I don't like is that both Obama and Clinton uses such awful bad/disgusting methods to gain votes. This will come back and bite them hard, much harder than a long democrratic race will do. If they were friendly rivals for the job I dont think it would be so bad. But, unfortunately that is not the case.