Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kruzzen

Is there a need to upgrade to paid forum?

I notice that people are upgrading to IPB and vBulletin and so on all the time. I personaly like and use SMF. I enjoy the features of SMF and it has the best modifications I enjoy. Why should I pay for a board that wont let me take off the copyright without paying even more?

Would love to hear your thoughts!

The simple answer is No.

The free forums have come a long way and usually offers the same features as the paid ones.

SMF is a good forum software. But I like phpBB the most. It's easier to theme and there are hundreds of mods for it. I also think phpBB3 that soon will be released will be one huge success. THis forum currently uses the latest candidate version of phpBB3 and it looks overall like one of the paid forum softwares.

With the new release of PHPBB, I certainly don't think there is really a need to. It does make your site valued higher with a forum software that you have purchased.

With the new release of PHPBB, I certainly don't think there is really a need to. It does make your site valued higher with a forum software that you have purchased.

Sure, but don't forget that Open Source is valued high among some people.

I personally think Open Source is more green..