Green Blog

Cigarettes kill our enviroment!!!

daim

I have seen that advertisement Simon posted some time ago. The way they advertise cigarettes is pathetic. Wonderful women becoming more attractive by smoking a certain brand,and now this one saying doctors prefer Camel..Even if it is true it doesnt mean they are healthier.

They say smoking in public areas will be banned in Greece by 2009. Cant wait to see that. :P

:huh: won't make a real difference. In Canada it's already banned in public places, offices, restaurants etc. but the ban is rather silly. You can't smoke in a restaurant but you can stand around smoking at the entrances. Now there's no way to avoid smelling or getting the stench of the smoke on yourself as you try to enter the restaurant. Smoking needs to be banned in all open spaces that others can't avoid. Let the smokers wallow in their own stench! :mad:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daim

• armadillo

• only_green_no_gray

• Simon

I have seen that advertisement Simon posted some time ago. The way they advertise cigarettes is pathetic. Wonderful women becoming more attractive by smoking a certain brand,and now this one saying doctors prefer Camel..Even if it is true it doesnt mean they are healthier.

They say smoking in public areas will be banned in Greece by 2009. Cant wait to see that. :P

Already banned in most public places in the US. Only a few eating places still allow it.

Doesnt it help to cut down on smoking,or at least stop smoking much? Cause sometimes when you cant smoke whenever you want,you are bored sometimes of doing what's necessary in order to smoke...

Doesnt it help to cut down on smoking,or at least stop smoking much? Cause sometimes when you cant smoke whenever you want,you are bored sometimes of doing what's necessary in order to smoke...

Most smokers have a very hard time cutting down which is why there is a big business in medical "solutions" that decrease the "need" to smoke. addiction is not boring!

I haven't read the entire thread but the first thing that comes to my mind when I read the word "Cigarette" is they contain Radioactive Polonium. Donno if you guys are aware of it.

Shall post the link to the article soon.

I haven't read the entire thread but the first thing that comes to my mind when I read the word "Cigarette" is they contain Radioactive Polonium. Donno if you guys are aware of it.

Shall post the link to the article soon.

I know cigarettes contains a lot of shit. But Radioactive Polonium, really? :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday, I was passing through a hill near kalamata which was burning right that time and from what i was talled the fire started because of single cigarette!!! the hall area was mobilized... farmers with their trucks, firemen, airplanes, helicopters... all that for a fu....ing cigarette!!! I'm so pissed with this insensibility!!! I bet that most of these fires started because of cigarettes

Exactly the same happens in South Africa - every year our beautiful endangered floral kingdom (called Fynbos) gets burned because of people throwing their cigarettes out the window. Fynbos is actually meant to be burned once a season but when it keeps happening the plants don't have time to recuperate and so we stand a chance of losing it forever.

What makes my blood boil is when I see people throwing their cigarettes out at traffic lights or on the sidewalk as I'm walking past. I've been known to pick it up and throw it back in the window saying "I think you dropped something", give it a try and see how they react...

What makes my blood boil is when I see people throwing their cigarettes out at traffic lights or on the sidewalk as I'm walking past. I've been known to pick it up and throw it back in the window saying "I think you dropped something", give it a try and see how they react...

Nice! :D

• 1 month later...

Exactly the same happens in South Africa - every year our beautiful endangered floral kingdom (called Fynbos) gets burned because of people throwing their cigarettes out the window. Fynbos is actually meant to be burned once a season but when it keeps happening the plants don't have time to recuperate and so we stand a chance of losing it forever.

Hahaha!!! Give it a try! Good luck! Hope you don't fall on a angry, crazy boxer that has just passed a bad day!!!

Hope this doesn't happens, cause I won't be able to smoke in a coffee shop,club,bar, stadium , etc

It will be huge problem for us smokers!!!

I really don't believe this law will pass here in greece, we are the biggest smokers of all!!! :P

Hope this doesn't happens, cause I won't be able to smoke in a coffee shop,club,bar, stadium , etc

It will be huge problem for us smokers!!!

I really don't believe this law will pass here in greece, we are the biggest smokers of all!!! :P

I dont think you are bigger smokers than the danish people! :lol:

From the latest poll (2007) the Cubans hold the record with 40% of the population smoking!

The regions with the highest median rates of smoking are the former Soviet countries in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) (29%), Central Europe (29%), and the European Union (28%). Did not see a

breakdown by country in the EU.

Come on!! Danish people?? They can smoke weed anytime,anyplace!!! If that was legal in greece, whole country would smoke! And we have the best weed in europe for your information!

Danish people smoke our stuff :lol:

Come on!! Danish people?? They can smoke weed anytime,anyplace!!! If that was legal in greece, whole country would smoke! And we have the best weed in europe for your information!

Danish people smoke our stuff :lol:

You mean the Netherlands? :o