Green Blog

Cigarettes kill our enviroment!!!

daim

Whatever it is that makes them look so appealing to some of us,it doesn't stop them from being high pollutant.Not only when the events of F1 are carried out,but also when the cars are made etc...every stage of F1 is pollutant,and must be changed

Agree to that hardly though, I'm a fan of F1 you see. I like the hall thing about F1. But, in front of our eath everything's must change!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daim

• armadillo

• only_green_no_gray

• Simon

Agree to that hardly though, I'm a fan of F1 you see. I like the hall thing about F1. But, in front of our eath everything's must change!!!

Agree, i also like F1, but we must change it for the good of planet

• 4 months later...

Cigarettes are awful. What I hate about these smoking laws is they are never enforced. Here in California, there is supposed to be a separate smoking section for all these smokers in bars and restaurants--only some bars (read: dive bars) don't comply with this law and let smokers do their thing in their bar.

Other bars/clubs/restaurants don't completely cordon off the area and their smoke filters back into the main building in a restaurant.

I really don't get how these places get away with this kind of stuff.

Here in Portugal after the 1st of January it will be forbid to smoke in almost all bars, restaurants and shopping centers

Yeah thats good. In Sweden it has been illegal to smoke in restaurants and pubs for a while now. Been working great!

Yeah thats good. In Sweden it has been illegal to smoke in restaurants and pubs for a while now. Been working great!

I hope it works fine here too, i'm tired of being a passive smoker

Lol,this measure could never be taken in Greece,noone would do it.But trying would be good...I hate my friends for smoking so much,they make me sick...well,I guess it's nice to know that in other country this measure exists!

Lol,this measure could never be taken in Greece,noone would do it.But trying would be good...I hate my friends for smoking so much,they make me sick...well,I guess it's nice to know that in other country this measure exists!

Here people also smoke a lot, some look like a chimney . And this law has to work because those how smoke in forbid places will pay a huge amount of money and if the owners of the bar/rest/... didn't had done nothing to make he stop they will also pay.

Nice laws,too bad they would never be placed around here...both customers and the owners of the bars would hate it

Don't be so sure of it. Maybe some would not like but the majority would support

• 2 months later...

In Portugal it's illegal to make publicity to cigarettes.

Do you know why the ferrari F1 team cars are red?

Because they are sponserd by marlboro

Since the 1920s, Italian race cars of Alfa Romeo, Maserati and later Ferrari and Abarth were (and often still are) painted in "race red" (Rosso Corsa). This was the customary national racing color of Italy, as recommended between the World Wars by the organizations that later would become the FIA. In that scheme, French cars like Bugatti were blue, German like Audi,BMW, and Porsche white (since 1934 also Silver Arrows), British racing green etc.

This is where Ferrari's red comes from. Not Marlboro.

Another F1 team McLaren, however, used to have Marlboro color scheme.

In response to the first reply, people who smoke cigarrettes and are driving have a tedency to throw their cigarettes out the window. This is a careless act that affects all of us, how many times have hills or fires started because someone didn't properly dispose of a cigarette?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't be so sure of it. Maybe some would not like but the majority would support

The majority in greece are smoking... There are few guys that dont smoke. Everywhere yu go you see people smoking!!!

If the goverment use this law, a "revolution" will start in a sec. Crazy greek people propably will destroy everything...

In response to the first reply, people who smoke cigarrettes and are driving have a tedency to throw their cigarettes out the window. This is a careless act that affects all of us, how many times have hills or fires started because someone didn't properly dispose of a cigarette?

Really? Everyone saw what happened in greece. Even though these fires didn't happen from cigars, but previous years cigarettes were the reason for fires like these!

• 1 month later...

Yesterday, I was passing through a hill near kalamata which was burning right that time and from what i was talled the fire started because of single cigarette!!! the hall area was mobilized... farmers with their trucks, firemen, airplanes, helicopters... all that for a fu....ing cigarette!!! I'm so pissed with this insensibility!!! I bet that most of these fires started because of cigarettes

Cigarette ? It is not a cigarette to blame. The MAN is to blame! Pretty much like with weapons...

Topic title is kind of misleading don't you think ?

I thought I will see some post how cigarette smoke is ruining our environment :whistle:

I thought I will see some post how cigarette smoke is ruining our environment :whistle:

That reminds me about a girl years ago in school who thought that cigarette smoke was a larger threat to the environment than factories, cars, planes etc.. :lol:

If you dont want to smoke you could always go with snus: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snus

:yuck:

Ah nah I like to smoke. Some say it prevents some diseases :D

Of course I always take care where I put out the cigarette. Throwing it through the car window is something I do not do. ( although when we were young and drunk we also did that ).

In my opinion cigarettes are least of our worries in present times...

Ah nah I like to smoke. Some say it prevents some diseases :D

Of course I always take care where I put out the cigarette. Throwing it through the car window is something I do not do. ( although when we were young and drunk we also did that ).

In my opinion cigarettes are least of our worries in present times...

Hahah yeah.. well..

http://images.google.se/images?hl=sv&q...sa=N&tab=wi

• 5 months later...

yes, this habbits should be stopped. cigrattes is killing our environment. it has the very bad effects on children, old person, and women. its need a revolution for stopping this and every one has to give some effort on this

I have seen that advertisement Simon posted some time ago. The way they advertise cigarettes is pathetic. Wonderful women becoming more attractive by smoking a certain brand,and now this one saying doctors prefer Camel..Even if it is true it doesnt mean they are healthier.

They say smoking in public areas will be banned in Greece by 2009. Cant wait to see that. :P