Green Blog

Eco Gadgets you own

snowdoll487

at the moment I don't have any eco gadget in my possession. BUT I am earning atm to purchase myself at least a couple of eco gadgets that are cool. But I do have a solar calculator. LMAO.

First on my list, is a solar charger. It is much cheaper compared to purchasing solar panels so, I'll go for this convenient item to purchase first. I've also heard of solar radios and it got me curious. :) I love listening to the radio, and a solar radio would just be perfect. :D I've also seen a friend's post in facebook that water-powered clocks or alarm clocks do exist, and so that's cute eco friendly item to beautify in my room.

I actually have a long list but enough of me atm. LMAO.

So any of you members with Eco Gadgets in your possession?

I use to have a solar calculator and mechanical clock before but it was gone already.

I also like to buy some eco gadgets or things like solar bulb and solar charger.

If I have learnt earlier of solar x-mas lights would have settled with those for the Yuletide season. Well, there is still a next year. There are solar bulbs? Cool. I am only aware of fluorescent bulbs. :)

Yes there are solar bulbs and Nokero is one brand I know. It was just bit costly here.

Right now I am just using compact fluorescent lamp (CFL), also called compact fluorescent light which is energy saving light.

• Like 1

Yes there are solar bulbs and Nokero is one brand I know. It was just bit costly here.

Right now I am just using compact fluorescent lamp (CFL), also called compact fluorescent light which is energy saving light.

And they last longer compared to cheap ones sold in the market. In short, cost-effective. :D We don't have solar bulbs in the market yet. Hopefully til' be introduced in the local market soon. :3 What is the estimate price of this solar bulb?

And they last longer compared to cheap ones sold in the market. In short, cost-effective. :D We don't have solar bulbs in the market yet. Hopefully til' be introduced in the local market soon. :3 What is the estimate price of this solar bulb?

Solar bulbs are also not yet marketed locally here but I could find some few places or people here that are selling such bulbs.

According to some websites online a solar bulb could cost approximately $20 depends on brand/class or type.

• 4 months later...

We have some of those high efficiency light bulbs that last a long time and they're pretty great. Aside from that, we use a water filter to purify our tap water so that we don't use the bottled kind. Before we got the purifier that attaches to the faucet, we had a pitcher with a filter in it. Not only does it use less resources, it also makes the water taste so good that the kids drink more of it!

The other day I purchased a new keyboard for my computer. This new keyboard is a wireless solar powered keyboard (K750) from Logitech. It doesn't run on batteries, instead the keyboard has two solar panels on the top of it. Despite this, or maybe because of this, it's still very light and sleek. I haven't packed it up yet but I will sure to let you all know how it works and performs.

Well, two I consider gadgets and the last one, I don't. I don't consider my water filter a gadget, but I see that some in this thread do, so I'll change my mind for the sake of this thread. :) I've been using a water filter for years, so I feel good about that.

I also have a NookColor and I think the fact that I'm not buying a bunch of paper magazines is a huge help, because I do buy a lot of magazines. I don't always get to read them as I should, but that's one less piece of paper that I have to take responsibility for.

I also take a lot of notes on my phone and save paper that way.

• 2 months later...

I own mini solar power battery chargers. I use it to charge my phone and MP3 player. I also own a wind up radio and a water powered clock. My favourite gadget is the solar battery chargers. I use the chargers often and they are very efficient. Reduces my electricity bill as well.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Well at this time I don't have any eco gadgets but yes I had a solar battery bank for my iphone. From now couple of days I actually think to purchase new one. This battery bank was damaged due to fallen in water.  It looks like this

23000mAh-Solar-Charger-Power-Bank-for-Ne

• 3 years later...