Green Blog

Folding Bikes

redochre

I'm planning to buy a folding bike for myself. I live in a suburban area and I want to cut cost on transportation expenses due to the rising fuel prices. I decided on a folding bike because I also want to bring it with me during travels. I mainly work at home but will use the bike for errands and some leisure biking trips.  

What type of folding bike can you recommend for me? 

I did a lot of commuting earlier and I always wanted to get a folding bike which I could bring with me on the train and bus and then use to travel from the stations. There are many different folding bikes, so just get one that you think fits your needs (How many bicycle gears do you need and so on) and your wallet. Just remember, because folding bikes has such small wheels it's much harder to travel longer distances and you can't go as fast as on a regular-sized bike.

What is a folding bike?  Is it just a bike that folds up when you are not using it?  How small does it get when it is folding up?  Are they easy to carry around and use?

That's exactly what it is! :)

Here are two examples:

There are many other designs.