Green Blog

Avoid stagnant lifestyle

zararina

We should at least have some daily activities and some exercises in order to have good health. It would not be healthy to for someone to just sit whole day in front of the computer or just watching TV. Much have breaks, stand, walk and stretch.

Some bad effects/health risk of stagnant lifestyle are:

- indigestion that could result to severe constipation

- weak body

- gaining weight/obesity

DO you have a stagnant lifestyle? Better start moving. ;)

Since am on the computer all the time, I think I do have somehow a stagnant life. But I try to take breaks and do house chores or go to the grocery shop to buy some necessities. I also take walks mostly in the evening when the sun has gone down, but I do agree with you because I have noticed some weight gain lately.

Great question! No, I do not have a stagnant lifestyle. I feel an almost compulsive need to move! So, yes, I can be for long hours at the computer writing but I have segments in my day for exercise - which is as important as breathing to me.

The last few days I could not exercise due to an ear infection but I could hardly handle it and actually went out for a jog yesterday. I am glad I did as I am starting to feel much better. Energy must move in order to regenerate!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, anyone who works online or their work is done using the computer can be a subject to many healthy issues. I usually have breaks by taking walks and also do some house chores. That way I get my body some exercise and the blood can circulate well. If I don't take a break my feet usually get swollen because of sitting down for long. So yes one must learn to do exercises for healthy reasons.

I can't say I have a stagnant lifestyle, my secular job involves at least 10x going up and down first and second floor via step floors. :D That's just killing me but its good for heart. I take a break from sitting for a couple of hours and then stand up for a couple of minutes when I'm loaded with and doing office work.

• 4 months later...

I do have a stagnant lifestyle and work requires me to be in front of a computer for at least 8 hours a day. I try to take a lot of breaks and drink tons of water. I am going to start working out twice a day to try to make up for it.

I too feel that I don't move a lot and am leading a rather stagnant and sedentary lifestyle. I sit in front of the computer between 6 to 8 hours daily but I do have to do house chores and go out to ferry my daughter to and from school but I don't break into a sweat doing all that. I do need to exercise but sometimes there's just so much work to do that I can't slot in time to exercise.

Sedentary lifestyles are a killer, literally. A sedentary lifestyle will shorten your lifespan and lead to a multitude of health problems in the long term. Humans are not designed to be inactive, sitting all day, we are designed to be active and on the move. You don't need to do intense exercise, walking is good enough. Stop using your car and walk or cycle.

My life is anything but stagnant! I hate routine and since I work from home with my fiance, it's easier for us to make our days interesting. Exercise is a must for us and we walk around our plot, which is about fifteen acres, every day.

At times, we get into the pool for a few laps every other day. It's a bit difficult during winter, so we replace swimming with 15 - 30 minutes on the treadmill. My fiance has his sets of weights, so he makes use of them regularly.

Working from allows us to do other form of exercises, as well ;) Every other evening, we go out to enjoy the evening by ourselves or with family/friends.

Being stagnant is something that anyone in front of a computer struggles with, but I think even more if the person works from home as I do. One thing that I do is to treat my situation as if I'm working in an office, so I do shower and eat prior to actually sitting down to work.

I feel that helps a lot when I want to get up and take a break. I can easily just put on some shoes and take a walk versus having to go take a shower and then leaving the house. It also helps me in taking more breaks because it's something quick just as it was in an office.

I will also make note of certain chores that I need to do and get up and do parts of them during the day. Just to break it up for about 15 minutes or so.

• 2 years later...

I know exactly what you are talking about, I have been in this boat and I have had to make some changes to my lifestyle. I have had to make sure I get up and go out and take a walk and spend a little time in the sun.

Great topic! I do a ton of work online and it really could lead to a stagnent lifestyle if you let it! I get up and move around even if it is walking down the road to check the mail or just even to walk. I also make myself get out and about to get food and supplies we need at home. During the warm months it is much easier because we can go on a hike and stuff.