Green Blog

Chickens

Lacey

I raise chickens for their eggs.  They just wander around my acre eating bugs and seeds.  I don't eat meat so they are very happy hens that just lay eggs and eat everything.  They are a very inexpensive way to raise food.

• 7 months later...

I think growing chicken is a very easy job. My grandmother also used to raise chickens. They are very harmless and noble creatures. The fact that they eat everything that comes their way also helps to keep the surroundings neat and clean. The only problem is their poop will be present everywhere, they shit a lot. 

I have not raised chickens, but we did raise turkeys and ducks when I was a kid.  I imagine they are similar in the way in which they are raised. We were going to have the turkey for Thanksgiving, but a damn cayote got to it first.  The ducks were soon to follow the same fate and it was a very sad time in my life.  I was young and those animals were like my pets.

• 1 year later...