Sheet metal manufacturing process refers to a series of integrated cold working combination processes for thin sheet metal (usually less than 6 mm). Specific technology can be divided into: shearing, punching, bending, welding, riveting, splicing, stamping, etc. The most prominent feature of sheet metal products is the uniform thickness a single part.
Selection of materials
The commonly used materials are cold rolled sheet (SPCC), hot rolled sheet (SHCC), galvanized sheet (SECC, SGCC), copper (CU) brass, copper, beryllium copper, aluminium sheet (6061, 6063, hard aluminium, etc.), aluminum profiles and stainless steel (mirror, wire drawing surface, fog surface). According to the function of the product, the selection of materials is different, generally consider from its use and cost. For example:
1. Cold rolled sheet SPCC is mainly used for electroplating and paint-baking. It is low cost and easy to form. The material thickness is less than 3.2mm.
2. Hot rolled sheet SHCC, material T≥3.0mm, is also used for electroplated, paint parts, low cost, but difficult to form, mainly flat parts.
3. Galvanized sheet SECC, SGCC. SECC electrolytic plate is divided into N material and P material. N material mainly does not do surface treatment, which has high cost. P material is used for spraying parts.
4. Copper: mainly used for conductive products. The surface treatment is nickel plating, chromium plating, or no treatment, high cost.
5. Aluminum plate; commonly used the products with surface chromate (J11-A) and oxidation (conductive oxidation, chemical oxidation), high cost, silver plating, nickel plating.
6. Aluminum profiles; materials with complex cross-section structure, which are widely used in various kinds of cartons. The surface treatment is the same as that of aluminium plate.
7. Stainless steel; mainly used for products with no surface treatment, high cost.
The shearing/punching process is mainly used for blanking. Blanking also has the purpose of partial forming, while the purpose of shearing is simply to cut the large material into smaller ones.
2. Bending process
Because the thickness of sheet metal parts is relatively small, and the ductility of metal materials also allows the implementation of bending process, so bending process is one of the most frequently used processes in sheet metal process. As the name implies, "bending" is to use external forces to force sheet metal to bend at a given angle and radius.
3. Stamping Forming
This process usually requires a stamping die. Stamping is the use of external forces and the ductility of the metal sheet itself, forcing the material to be shaped according to the cavity shape of the pre-opened stamping die. After stamping, it is usually necessary to further remove burr edges and waste materials.
4. Connection Technology
In the assembly process of Sheet metal parts, welding, riveting and splicing are often used. Through these connections, sheet metal parts can form a whole.
5. Surface treatment technology
The surface of sheet metal materials is often corroded or stained by oxidation or other reasons. In order to meet the appearance quality requirements of final products, it is often need to do surface treatment for sheet metal parts. Common surface treatment processes of sheet metal include rust removal, paint spraying, sand blasting, oxidation, plating, etc.
Calculating method of sheet metal quotation:
The manufacturing price of sheet metal is calculated according to the operation time.
Laser cutting: 8RMB/Min, each hole is calculated according to 1RMB.
CNC pricing: 5RMB/Min.
CNC Bending Pricing: 1 RMB per side, double the large side.
Cold welding calculation: 300 RMB per day, 50 KG per day as the benchmark.
If you are looking for Metal Machining in China , please visit our website:https://www.chinasynergygroup.com/ and contact us.