You do not need to use chemicals and harmful insecticides in order to get rid of ants in your house. Not only because they can cause allergic reactions or even harm your children, pets, or yourself, but because you have an option of getting rid of ants all by yourself using very simple natural pest control methods. Every day more and more people choose the natural way: healthier food instead of fast food, herbal remedies instead of pharmaceutical drugs, natural prevention instead of potentially dangerous vaccines, and so on. Why don`t we use natural insect exterminators, as well?
We will show you only five simplest possible methods of eradicating ants in a completely natural way. There is nothing easier than applying these methods. Here is the list of our preferred top five herbal exterminators of ants and other insects:
1. Peppermint powder. If you have stomach troubles, drink some peppermint tea; but even if your stomach is fine, take dried peppermint sprigs and leaves, crush them and make a powder. Apply this powder on areas with ants. On the other hand, you can just place dried or fresh peppermint herb on the same areas without making the powder. Actually, put a bunch of peppermint all over your house, since the peppermint and other mint herbs` odor repels ants and all other insects, such as mosquitoes, while it will suit your senses.
2. Lemon juice. Another efficient natural pest control agent, which is perhaps even easier to use than peppermint, is a lemon juice. That`s right, a plain lemon fruit. Squeeze the lemon, make a juice, mix with water, and spray it all over the ant infested areas. After that, make yourself a nice lemonade and enjoy.
3. Vinegar. Another natural ant exterminator at hand is vinegar from your fridge. Again, mix it with water, make a spray, and apply it. That`s all you have to do. Moreover, use vinegar for cleaning the counters and floor instead of chemicals. Also, you can use lemon juice for cleaning the dishes. Or better yet, mix vinegar, lemon juice and water, add some peppermint, and you got yourself the best natural ant exterminator and detergent.
4. Dish soap. Maybe you have already noticed, but all of these items used for ants and other pest control are already in your own house. Mix your dish soap with water, and spray the solution over the ants. The same thing as in case of vinegar and lemon juice.
5. Salt and pepper. More of the kitchen ant exterminators! Just boil water and then add salt and pepper. Make a spray and apply it on areas infested with ants.
You could perhaps mix all of the mentioned natural pest control agents and make your own ant exterminator spray. Mix salt, pepper, dish soap, vinegar, lemon juice and peppermint, and put it in a spray bottle. However, if you are not satisfied with these and many other natural methods, or if you become terrified at the sight of too many ants in your house, then call a bug exterminator to solve the problem (http://bugsycal.com/).