About this blog
Wasps are useful for nature but when they start living in your homes, they might be a cause of trouble. They are practically a nuisance when they start to interfere in your home, especially Hornets and the most hated – Yellowjackets. So let us look at how you can get rid of them from your place of residence.
1. Use soap spray – It has been suggested by specialists to use soap spray directly. This is by far the best and immediate wasp removal technique. The soap spray dehydrates them. But you should be extra cautious while doing this. If you are bitten in the process, it is going to be very painful. Make sure you spray from a safe position.
2. Eatables that attract wasps should be removed – It is no doubt that sweet items attract wasps and bees. So, as a preventive measure, you should remove any such food that may invite wasps. Not just food, the leftover food of pets can also invite wasps, so make sure you dispose them at the correct place and keep all the edibles in the refrigerator or covered if out in the open.
3. Grow plants that are wasp repellent – Eucalyptus is one such plant that is known to be a wasp repellant. You can also grow wormwood in your house or if there is space constraint, you can grow them in your garden. This also adds to the natural beauty of your garden.
4. Fake Nests – Yes, fake it! When wasps see another nest, they think that there exists another colony here, they will not make it their place. If you do not want to spend a dime on it, you can also use home items to make it. These are necessary since once wasps choose your location, it is difficult to get rid of it. Prevention is always easy.
5. A sandwich bag with water works equally well – This is more of a trick move than a cure. Due to its success, many people use it worldwide. You can simply put water in a sandwich bag and the wasps are tricked into thinking that there is a spider that can destroy them all. Therefore, this is quite a simple trick that saves you the hassle of fighting the wasp.
6. Traps – Traps are the use of mesh or glass at the openings of your house such as window or ventilators. Fine wire mesh is easily available in the market and you can get it in any size you want. So blocking the entrances is one of the finest ways to prevent wasps from gaining entry into your house.
7. Professional help - If all else fails, you can surely take help from experts and professionals to safely and effectively get rid of the wasps and the potential danger they pose to you and your family. These experts have years of experience in this field that will help you removing the problem right from its root.
If you encounter any wasp problems at your place, try the above measure to get rid of them and make your home a healthy place for your family.
Entries in this blog
No blog entries have been created